Sunday, November 14, 2010

So Much To Do And So Little Time To Do It All In

Hello to everyone who actually reads this when I bother to update it, I apologize for not writing sooner, but.... life tends to get in the way. Today began early as the alarm went of at 6:30 am, I groaned and whined about getting up but I still had to shower and mix up the glaze for my Almond Apple Cake that I was taking since it was my turn to bring a snack for our Sunday School class, not to mention deciding what to wear and we were leaving early so Chris could get to church early and practice his duet. I finally managed to drag myself out of bed and into the shower, got dressed, made the glaze, and got everything ready ON TIME for ONCE in my life. Chris said he was going out to the car to wait for me-like always, I couldn't find my keys but I knew I could depend on Chris to have his keys. I walk out the door and lock it behind me remembering to bring everything I needed with me, not having forgotten anything, I get to the garage and meet Chris coming towards me, "Tell me you have your keys with you", he begs. I say "No, why should I?"  "Because I forgot my keys!" I empty out my purse just to be sure, shivering in the frigidly cold wind, no keys. He calls his family who live 15 minutes away and his father drives into town with car keys but we had not gotten around to giving an extra set to his family just to be on the safe side like we meant to. We had also meant to hide a spare set under a rock or something but that never happened either. Here we are suposed to be at church at 8:15, I make a HUGE effort to get out the door on time and we're stuck, no keys to the house or the car!!! His father came and we were able to get into the car, but there were no house keys hiding in there, the landlord live outside of town too and he wasn't about to drive all the way into town just to unlock our front door for us. We hopped into the car and headed out to church at 8:17, no breakfast, no morning coffee, and two very grumpy people. We made it to church finally and did have a wonderful worship service and sunday school, my cake was a hit and so was Chris' song, although he thought he bombed, those of us in the congregation thought he sounded good. :-) We picked up the keys from the landlord and I got my HUGE cup of the sustenance of life otherwise known as coffee. Chris has forgiven me for being on time for once in my life and I have forgiven him for not remembering his keys and getting upset at me because of it. :-) Of course now when he complains about me being late I have the perfect excuse!!!     

No comments: